- 150 g butter, room temperature
- 250 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 250 g almonds
- 250 g raw sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 50 g Amaretto® liqueur (optional)
- 100 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 80 g pouring (whipping) cream
- fresh berries, for garnishing (optional)
Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and line a springform cake tin (24 cm) and set aside.
- Place dark chocolate into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place almonds into mixing bowl and chop 6 sec/speed 6. Transfer into the bowl with the chocolate and set aside.
- Place raw sugar, butter, eggs, baking powder, cocoa powder and Amaretto® liqueur (optional) into mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 7.
- Add reserved chocolate and almond mixture and combine 30 sec/speed 6.
- Transfer mixture into prepared tin. Bake in centre of the oven for 1 hour (180°C) or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool in tin for 30 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place dark chocolate into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add cream and melt 2-3 min/50°C/speed 3.
- Place cooled cake onto serving plate. Spread ganache over the top of cake, allowing it to run over the sides. Garnish with fresh berries (optional) and serve immediately.
Want to demo the TM-6?
Before you make a purchase, book a live demo and we'll come cook in your kitchen.