- 350 g water, plus extra for sprinkling
- 30 g sugar
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- 300 g rye flour
- 100 g plain flour
- 300 g rye grains, cracked
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 80 g pumpkin seeds
- 50 g linseeds
- 220 g buttermilk
- 180 g dark beer
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 Tbsp rolled oats, for sprinkling
Follow the chef
- Place water, sugar, and yeast in a mixing bowl then warm 2 min/37°C/speed 2. Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Add rye flour, plain flour, rye grains, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, linseeds, buttermilk, beer, and salt then, with aid of a spatula, mix 30 sec/speed 4. Knead 5 min.
- Transfer to a large bowl, cover with cling film, and set aside at room temperature for 24 hours (see tip).
- After this time, preheat the oven to 180°C and line a loaf tin (900 g/2 lb) with baking paper. Transfer rested batter to the prepared tin. Sprinkle surface with water then scatter with oats. Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes (180°C).
- Remove from tin and pull away baking paper, then leave to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Want to demo the TM-6?
Before you make a purchase, book a live demo and we'll come cook in your kitchen.