3 egg whites, from medium eggs.
- 100g unsalted butter, soft
- 130 g plain flour
150g nougat, cut in pieces (2 cm)
1 – 2 Tbsp icing sugar, for dusting
- 60 g hazelnuts, with skin
Header Image: Thermomix
Follow the chef
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place egg whites in mixing bowl and whisk 2 min/speed 3.5. Remove butterfly whisk then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place hazelnuts in mixing bowl and grind 15 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then grind again 15 sec/speed 10.
- Add butter, sugar, flour and reserved whipped egg whites then mix 10 sec/speed 4.
- Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a plain or star-shaped nozzle (Ø 7 mm) and pipe small circles (Ø 2 cm) on prepared baking trays. Bake (one baking tray after another) for 10-12 minutes (160°C) and allow to cool on trays (approx. 20 minutes). Meanwhile, clean mixing bowl.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the spatula can fit underneath without sticking.
- Place nougat in mixing bowl and melt 3 min/50°C/speed 1. Transfer to a freezer bag and seal bag.
- Turn half the cookies over so flat sides are facing up. Cut a small hole (Ø approx. 3 mm) in the corner of freezer bag and pipe a large drop of nougat onto each cookie. Place remaining cookies, flat side down, on top then refrigerate for approx. 1 hour.
- Dust cookies with icing sugar before serving or store in an airtight container.
Want to demo the TM-6?
Before you make a purchase, book a live demo and we'll come cook in your kitchen.