- sponge cake (30 cm x 20 cm x 5 cm), ready-made
- 350 g desiccated coconut
- 250 g sugar
- 50 g unsalted butter, diced
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 70 g water
Follow the chef
- Slice away the crust of the sponge cake, and cut into cubes (4-5 cm).
- Place 350 g desiccated coconut in a shallow tray or bowl and set aside.
- Place sugar in mixing bowl and grind 15-20 sec/speed 10 until sugar becomes a fine powder. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place butter in mixing bowl and melt 1 min/50°C/speed .
- Add reserved icing sugar, cocoa and water then mix 5 sec/speed 5. Cook 4 min/80°C/speed until a spreadable texture is achieved, adding more water if necessary. Transfer to a bowl.
- Pierce reserved cake cubes with a skewer and dip into the icing, covering all sides. While icing is still sticky, thoroughly coat each iced cube in reserved desiccated coconut. Repeat until all cubes are coated.
- Transfer to a wire rack until dried and any excess icing has dripped away, then serve.
Want to demo the TM-6?
Before you make a purchase, book a live demo and we'll come cook in your kitchen.