- 700 g chicken breast, cut into strips (approx.1 cm)
- 50 g lemon juice
Spinach and almond pesto
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, crust removed and cut into pieces (3 cm), plus extra to serve
- 60 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 30 g blanched almonds
- 1 garlic clove
- 100 g extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 1200 g water
- 1 tsp Chicken stock paste (see Tips)
- salt, for seasoning
- ground black pepper, for seasoning
- 400 g tagliatelle pasta nests
Chicken Pesto Tagliatelle
Follow the chef
- Place a bowl on mixing bowl lid and weigh in chicken, lemon juice and paprika. Mix with spatula to combine then set aside to marinate for 30 minutes while you make the pesto.
- Place Parmesan in mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 10. Remove 1 Tbsp grated parmesan and set aside.
- Add to remaining Parmesan in mixing bowl, basil, pine nuts, garlic, extra virgin olive oil and salt then chop 20 sec/speed 10. Transfer to a bowl and set aside while cooking chicken and pasta.
Tagliatelle and Cooking
- Place water and salt in mixing bowl (no need to wash bowl) then bring to the boil 10 min/Varoma/speed 2.
- Add tagliatelle through hole in mixing bowl lid and cook select time according to packet instructions/100°C//speed . Meanwhile, heat frying pan on hob over a medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp oil and fry chicken pieces for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and cooked.
- Drain tagliatelle through Varoma dish then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Place serving bowl on mixing bowl lid and add 120 g pesto and the cooked chicken. Mix together then serve immediately with a scattering of reserved grated Parmesan.
Want to demo the TM-6?
Before you make a purchase, book a live demo and we'll come cook in your kitchen.