- 3 – 4 apples, tart (approx. 180 g each)
- 130 g butter, unsalted, softened, cut into pieces, plus extra for greasing
- 3 eggs
- 150 g sugar
- 30 g brandy (optional)
- 200 g plain flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder (15 g)
- 1 pinch salt
- icing sugar, for dusting
Header Image: Photo by Karly Gomez on Unsplash
Follow the chef
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a round cake tin (Ø 26-28 cm) and set aside.
- Peel apples, cut in quarters and remove core and seeds. With a sharp knife, make parallel incisions on the outside of the apple, cutting down but taking care not to cut completely through. Set apple quarters aside.
- Place butter, eggs, sugar, brandy (if using), flour, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 6. Pour mixture into cake tin and spread evenly with spatula. Place reserved apple quarters on top, one next to the other, with incisions facing up.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (180°C) until a skewer inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in tin for approx. 10 minutes before transferring to a serving plate. Dust top of cake with icing sugar before serving.
Want to demo the TM-6?
Before you make a purchase, book a live demo and we'll come cook in your kitchen.